Huevos Rancheros | Recipe
I feel like nothing makes me happier than a meal that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, will feed the whole family, and is less than $10 to make. This week, I had Michael assist me with preparing this. I pretty much just took the pictures, and ate it. Huevos Rancheros is a common Mexican breakfast, but lately it's been a life saver to have for dinner especially on the days that my daughter has ballet class and we don't get home until 7:30pm. I could seriously have this every week. Scroll down for the recipe, and you might even make this a weekly meal for your family when you're pressed for time.
Gather your ingredients (serves 6-8)
*optional: queso fresco for topping
1. Heat the oil in your pan. Fill it about 1/2 inch deep.
2. Depending on the size of your pan, add in 1-3 tortillas. It's ok if they overlap a little.
3. Fry them, and set aside on a paper towel to drain extra oil from them.
4. When all your tortillas are fried, (one per egg) turn down the heat to fry your eggs.
5. You can fry as many eggs as will fit into your pan. I prefer mine over medium, so while they're cooking I just push a little oil over the top of them to cook the yolk slightly.
6. When they get a little crispy on the edges take out and place on top of your fried tortilla.
7. Add the heated salsa on top of your egg.
8. Serve with beans on the side. (OPTIONAL)
We used to have this meal every Saturday growing up. We would eat while we watched The Brady Bunch as a family. Anyone else watch that show?
It's still one of my favorite meals. Like I said before, it's so easy to make, it's inexpensive, and it's delicious. Give it a try and tell me what you think.
Join the mailing list to be the first to know when there's a new collection launch, exclusive promotions, blog posts, and to get a behind-the-scenes look as Karina travels to capture work for new print offerings.