Recipe | Fideo
Fideo was a staple in my home. A comfort food. When my aunt visits from Pennsylvania she really only requests one thing from my mom; fideo with beans and tortillas.
Lately, we’ve been trying to be super tight with our weekly food budget and having a meal like this on the menu is great since it only costs about $5 to feed the family. Not only is it an inexpensive meal, but it’s super easy, and super fast to make.
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS:
4 cups of hot water
1 bag of fideo I use La Moderna
1 small tomato
1 small onion
2 TBSP oil
1 TBSP of Knorr Chicken flavor Bouillon
2 leaves of garlic
1. You're going to need hot water, so you'll want to make sure you put your 4 cups of water on the stove to boil.
2. Put oil in the pan, and add your noodles and coat in oil.
3. Let noodles brown. This will happen really fast. (Less than 5 minutes) You want it to look toasty, not burned.
4. When the noodles are tan, add the water in.
5. Add tomato & onion. Mix.
6. Add in the bullion, mixing throughly so that it all gets dissolved.
7. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
8. When the noodles and onion are soft, it’s done! Enjoy!
This is a quick meal to make on the fly. It only takes about 20 minutes total, and can serve a lot. Add beans, avocado, and tortillas on the side, and you’ve got a whole meal for the family for about $5!
Join the mailing list to be the first to know when there's a new collection launch, exclusive promotions, blog posts, and to get a behind-the-scenes look as Karina travels to capture work for new print offerings.