Lotería is the Spanish word for lottery. There is a famous game called “Lotería” that is similar to the game of bingo, but played with a deck of 54 cards with different images and board with a 4x4 grid. Originating in Europe it came to Mexico through Spain during the war as a pastime for soldiers.
The art on the cards has changed since the 1500s but the most recognized version was introduced in 1887 by Don Clemente Gallo French businessman who produced the packaging for many items in Mexico.
Artists have since been inspired to create their own art derived from the Lotería cards, like in this image with the card designs painted on wooden boards.
Specs for this print:
- Printed in Chicago on matte rag paper (similar to watercolor paper)
- Each print comes with a 1" border for handling.
Specs for framing
- Each print is framed in house
- Frames come in white wood
- With a white matte, 2 inches on each side
- Included is hardware needed to hang your print.
- Framed using standard acrylic
- Small- 16 1/2" x 21 3/4"
- Med- 21 3/4" & 29 3/4"
- Large- 31 1/2" x 43 1/2"